Here is one for autumn. One of Jackie Cameron’s most frequently requested recipes, this warming dish is so flavourful and yummy, and best of all, perfect for those of us avoiding carbs.
- 2 Eggs
- Separate, whisk egg whites until firm peaks are visible.
- At the same time heat a small pan and cover with butter, non-stick.
- Fold in lightly whisked egg yolks to egg whites and add to pan.
- Allow to cook on low heat until brown/golden, before putting under the grill.
- After a film has formed on surface add mozzarella cheese (40g).
- Allow to rise and cheese to melt before adding 70/100g of spicy lamb neck curry down centre of omelette, fold and serve on warm plate.
- Top with a large dollop of sour cream and micro greens
Spicy Lamb Neck Curry
- 500g Lamb Neck
- 10g Ginger grated
- 100g Masala Powder
- 4g Mustard Seeds
- 3g Cumin Seeds
- 3g Turmeric Powder
- 2g Coriander Seeds
- 2g Fennel Seeds
- 4g Cinnamon Powder
- 4g Ginger Powder
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 5g Garlic
- 30g Tomato Paste
- 20g Butter
- 35ml Oil
- half a tsp of Oryx Desert Salt
- Heat butter and oil.
- Slice onions and add to medium pot.
- Allow to cook and become golden brown.
- Add spices and cook.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Add lamb neck and 700ml of water or stock and allow to simmer/cook for 9 hours.
- Allow cooling and remove all bones and shred finely-heat on service.